A town's Christmas decorations have been branded "pants" by residents - because they look like a string of giant green undies .
Laughing locals claim some absolute bloomers were made in the choice of festive lights to adorn the main shopping street.
Janet Johns wrote on Facebook: "Ok, if they are not pants ... what are they?"
Jayne Hodges said: "But at least they are festive green ones !!!!!!!"
And Lisa Bateman add
by Zeke Q104
posted Nov 25 2015 10:06AM
TIFTON, Ga., Nov. 24 (UPI) -- A recently renovated nuclear bunker in Georgia has been listed for sale with a price of $17.5 million.
The 20 acre property, listed on real estate site Harry Norman,features three-foot thick hardened concrete walls and was designed to withstand a 20 kiloton nuclear blast.
The property was designed in 1969, and was renovated in 2012 to meet government standards.
It features 12 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms, a 15-seat home theater and a modernized commercial kitchen.
It also caters to various apocalyptic needs by including decontamination showers, secure air intake systems, first-aid rooms and a 100 yard outdoor firearm range.
by Zeke Q104
posted Nov 25 2015 9:54AM
The Top 5 Things Americans are Thankful For this Year
5. At some point it's gotta be McRib season again.
4. That the NFL once again decided to give Thanksgiving games to AWESOME teams like the Eagles and the Lions.
3. As always, elastic waitbands.
2. There's a new "Star Wars" movie but no Jar-Jar.
1. Not being revealed in the Ashley Madison hack.
by Zeke Q104
posted Nov 24 2015 10:03AM
HARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) — Pageant judges have crowned a new winner of Zimbabwe's 4th annual "Mister Ugly" contest, upsetting supporters of the crowd favorite who called the winner too handsome and prompting rioting at the event.
Judges on Saturday chose 42-year-old Mison Sere, citing his numerous missing front teeth and a wide range of grotesque facial expressions, over William Masvinu, who had held the title since 2012.
Masvinu and his supporters mobbed the judges upon hearing their decision, claiming that Sere was "too handsome" to win and his ugliness wasn't natural since it was based on missing teeth.
"I am naturally ugly. He is not. He is ugly only when he opens his mouth," maintained Masvinu, gesturing at his rival.
"Do we have to lose our teeth to win? This is cheating," shouted another contestant, Patrick Mupereki. While no one was injured, there was a great deal of pushing and shoving as the results were announced and insults were hurled at the judges.
by Zeke Q104
posted Nov 24 2015 9:57AM
The Top 5 Interesting Facts Abou the Pilgrims
5. Donald Trump thinks those who died from the wintery conditions were losers.
4. They believed dancing was sinful ... until Kevin Bacon showed them otherwise.
3. They served deer at the first Thanksgiving. But switched to turkey becayse they ran out of "doe".
2. One of them was Bernie Sanders.
1. It's amazing the whole belt-buckle-on-the-hat thing didn't come back in style at some point over the last 400 years.
by Dave Kious
posted Nov 22 2015 7:56PM
Happy Sunday Everyone!!!
First of all...How about them Chiefs? Playoffs? Could happen.
Now tonight I have two chances for you to win a 4-pack of tickets to the Q-104 Jingle Bell Birthday Bash featuring Dan & Shay and Chase Bryant and Travis Marvin all happening at Whiskey Tango on Friday, December 18.
Please keep listening for a chance to win!
by Joshua James
posted Nov 19 2015 5:56PM
Nurtion experts came up with a list of the best foods to eat before you go out drinking. They all prevent you from absorbing alcohol too quickly, and they are healthier than something like pizza.
1. Milk- it is high in potassuim, which you start running low on if you are peeing a lot. Plus mile is 90% water, so it helps keep you hydrated.
2. Yogurt with granola- it lines the inside of your stomach, and your body takes six hours to digest.
3. Hummus- it lines your stomach like yogurt, and if you eat it with raw veggies, that nutrients can help prevent a hangover.
4. Salmon- it is high in B-12 and alcohol can cause B-12 deficiency.
5. Spaghetti- it will absorb some of the alcohol, and the carbs will give you more energy.
6. A grill chicken sandwich- the protein take awhile to digest, which prevents you from getting drunk too quickly.
7. Cereal- if it is high in fiber it slows down the absorption of alcohol.
8. Eggs- they have a lot of protein, and amino acids that break down alcohol.
sources: Wise Brothers Media
Filed Under :
Breakfast cereal, Digestion, Digestive system, Eating, Ethanol, Granola, Hangover, Metabolism, Nutrition, Protein, Snack foods, Yogurt
by Zeke Q104
posted Nov 18 2015 9:31AM
MILWAUKEE, Nov. 17 (UPI) -- The sheriff of Milwaukee County, David Clarke, issued himself a parking ticket after parking his squad car in a handicap spot during local Veterans Day festivities.
"I pulled up in front of the War Memorial, got out of my squad car and directed a Captain to move the vehicle and properly park it," Clarke wrote in a press release. "That order was not followed. When I came out of the Veterans Day event and noticed the vehicle still there and found out that my order was not followed, I ordered a county citation be written on the vehicle."
Clarke went on to pay the $35 dollar fine and donated the additional city fee of $200 to a charity that works with the disabled.
He also ordered an investigation into why the car was not moved, but said he recognized his error in parking in the spot in the first place.
"The rules are the same for my squad as any car except in an emergency or official business but not in a handicap area," he wrote.
Milwaukee had a similar case in 2007 when Kewaskum Police Chief Richard Knoebel wrote himself a ticket for passing a school bus that had its lights flashing and its stop sign out.
by Zeke Q104
posted Nov 18 2015 9:25AM
FAIRFAX, Va., Nov. 17 (UPI) -- A man in Virginia was arrested on charges of assault, accused of throwing a sandwich at another man at a local pizza shop.
Thirty-two-year-old Jonathan Magnes was arrested by Fairfax police, at Firenza Pizza.
Magnes attempted to flee the scene and was pursued by the victim, 50-year-old Dunn Lorning.
Officers responded to the scene and apprehended Magnes, who now faces charges of assault and battery, driving under the influence of alcohol and refusal of a blood and breath test.
Magnes was later released, and Lorning did not sustain any injuries.
by Zeke Q104
posted Nov 18 2015 9:22AM
DARWIN, Australia, Nov. 18 (UPI) -- An Australian man posted a video online showing how he was able to get some crocodiles to move out of his way by saying "please" and "thank you."
Darren Nickolls, owner of Dhipirri Barra and Sportfishing Lodge Arnhemland, said on Facebookhe was driving to Darwin to see his family when he came upon a group of crocodiles in the road.
The video shows Nickolls get out of his vehicle and address the reptiles.
"You wanna get off the road so we can pass, please?" he asks.
The crocodiles oblige with a little more coaxing and Nickolls resumes his journey with a quick, "thank you."
Nickolls wrote in a comment he wasn't worried about being attacked by the crocs because they are "pretty hopeless on dry land."
"When they come out of the water at [you], you don't have much of a chance," he wrote.